Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Marvel Aaron tylor-johnson turn down deadpool 2 role


 

#Deadpool2

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson revealed that he declined a role in 2018's Deadpool 2.

Talking with THR about his work on Bullet Train, the actor said that before being cast in the latest Brad Pitt action-comedy, he knew he had an in with director David Leitch as Leitch had "asked [him] to be in Deadpool 2 ages ago," but did not end up taking on a role in the film:

"Well, I don’t think it’s autopilot by any means, so I do believe in a bit of fate and luck. I feel fortunate and lucky that we were able to make this movie during a pandemic. I’ve always wanted to work with Brad Pitt. I’ve always wanted to make a movie on a Los Angeles soundstage. This was yet another movie I fought for. This was one of those hot scripts around town, and David Leitch actually asked me to be in Deadpool 2 ages ago."

With this prior relationship, Taylor-Johnson approached David Leitch about Bullet Train, asking, "What about this character?" To which Leitch responded, "Get in line, buddy" as there were " ten other actors who [wanted the] job:"

"So I met him, but I didn’t do that. So when this came around, I was like, “Hey, do you remember me?” And he was like, “Of course. I like you as an actor.” So I was like, “Cool, what about this character?” And he was like, “Get in line, buddy. There’s like ten other actors who want this job and they’ve got a bigger name than you do.” (Laughs.) So I don’t expect these roles to be handed out, and I’m willing to fight for them, which is what I had to do for this. So I think I’m in the driver’s seat because I’m working hard. I also try to manifest what I feel, and sometimes, the universe brings it back my way. But you still have to actively go out and get it."

The Kraven actor also took some time to go into the differences between working on the Sony Spidey spin-off and Bullet Train, making mention of Kraven being "shot entirely on location." Taylor-Johnson said that this on-location strategy will "add something really beautiful to [the] personal story" being told in the upcoming film:

"Kraven being shot entirely on location is going to make all the difference. It’s going to add something really beautiful to our personal story. It also sets Kraven apart from that Marvel stage look. It’s important for this character to be in the real world. It’s important for the authenticity of the story. When you’re running on streets barefoot, you take in those elements and play within that."

.

.

#AaronTaylorJohnson #MCU #MarvelStudios #20thCenturyStudios #WorldofSuperheroes

Post a Comment

0 Comments